The Park Hotel specialises in hosting schools and groups and can host up to 200 students or travelling tourists. We have a number of affordable set menus to choose from, but also tailor our packages to suit the booking. We are able to suggest and assist with organising activities for your school or group.
Our accommodation layout means that rooms surround a central courtyard so that school teachers and guardians are able to feel comfortable that the students are safe within our facility. Every room has an ensuite bathroom so there is no reason for the students to leave their rooms after lights out. We offer either catered or self catering options - guests can cook their own food in our large self catering kitchen or alternatively our on-site restaurant can provide quality affordable breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Geography Resources for School Groups
We have put together some study notes and resources, which may be useful for Geography students and teachers who are studying the Tongariro Volcanic Environment - The Park Hotel Ruapehu is ideally situated for groups wishing to take a field trip to study this dynamic area in more detail.
Feel free to download the below materials below...
- Introduction to the Tongariro Volcanic Environment
- How the Tongariro Volcanic Environment is Formed and Changes Over Time & corresponding Changes Over Time diagram
Or contact us for the following documents...
- The Characteristics of the Tongariro Volcanic Environment
- How People Interact with the Tongariro Volcanic Environment
- How People's Perceptions of the Tongariro Volcanic Environment Change Over Time & corresponding Nhati Tuwharetoa document